I’ve been so busy working on the camper, it has been a while since I’ve posted anything. But I’ve got several short videos in the queue and will be posting them shortly. Here’s a little information about the replacement wall and ceiling paneling I purchased.
Thanks to all who have been watching my hubby demolish and restore our vintage little nest on wheels. After all the videos showing rotted wood and what appears to be a mess of a lost cause, I thought it might be time to step in here at the blog and spice things up a little with some color and swatches.
Although it may seem like we are in over our heads, our vision of what the end result will look like keeps us going. At first we thought we could restore this little camper to its original state since the old green Armstrong vinyl floor was still intact underneath a late 80’s upgrade. But after a good inspection, we knew that keeping the original avacado green floor was not really an option. This is a better piece of the original floor, but in many places it is discolored, has been pieced together, secured with staples which have rusted and damaged the vinyl.
Since we get to start over with the decorating scheme, we have many more options. After perusing many aisles of fabric, waiting for half off sales, printing more than one JoAnn’s coupon, and traveling to 3 different stores in a 50 mile radius, we finally agreed to purchase this cheerful, yet somewhat vintage fabric pattern:
We also plan to add this coordinating fabric as well, equally cheerful and vintage, but in my favorite color red:
Finally, we settled on this outdoor stripe fabric with the same color pallate as the indoor fabrics for the awning:
I finished all the curtain panels for the interior this past weekend. The awning fabric has been shipped to a reputable maker in California. And before me lies the task of making dinette and couch cushions for our camper. I see lots of time watching You Tube How To videos in my future!
Check back soon for more updates!