I’m a novice but having a great time learning how these old campers were put together.
Since selling our Outback camper last year we knew we would want to get another one some day. Well I didn’t expect we would buy one this soon but Tara found this camper on Craigslist. We went to Bowling Green to check it out and ended up buying it. We picked it up on March 1st. It is a Frolic. I don’t know the year but I believe it is a ’67. It looks pretty good but it will need a lot of work. And we’ve given ourselves a deadline of our homeschool camping trip to Defeated Creek on June 12.
Here’s a list of what I know it needs:
- New birch paneling
- New ceiling
- New upholstered cushions for the dinette and couch/bed
- New refrigerator
- New air conditioner (it never had one)
- New wiring for the marker lights and interior DC lights
- Install Toilet
- New Flooring
- Refinish the aluminum windows
- Repair the entry door and the rear storage door
- Exterior paint
- Paint the original wheels and get new tires
More to come soon…